Friday, June 4, 2010

Blog # 1 The meaning of food

Food is defined as any substance containing nutrients, such as carbohydrates, proteins and fats, that can be ingested by a living organism and metabolized into energy and body tissue related. Food is always the number one needs for any living thing on mother earth; for plants, and animals, food is just a daily needs to transfer energy into their body and to help them stay alive. However, for human being, food is not only our daily needs to survive; food is art, desire, passion and enjoyment. Some people eats to satisfy their hunger, and some people eats for fun. Food is a form of art, desire, passion and enjoyment for me.

Food is designed the same way as anything designed in an art class. I love cooking and creating my own recipe. As a regular cook, people can just cook and serve, but I like to design the food before serve. For an example, I cooked some dishes for my family and one of then was chicken, as I cooked the chicken, I added some green pepper, red pepper, onion, carrot, and some broccoli because it make the chicken look nice and colorful. If food looks nice and neat when it’s served, people automatically have the appetites to eat.

Food is great and food is everywhere. This world is all about food. I desire food, which turns into enjoyment. When I am out in the city, the first thing I wouldn’t miss before I head home is getting something. There are so many restaurants that are available with so many items of food. I feel as if food are just magically made for me. People would go to the restaurants that have the best food with a great service. I take my family out to eat not only because no one feels like cooking or to satisfy our hunger, but to enjoy. You wont like food until you feel it.

In my experience, I have examined the difference between the people who loves food and who don’t. As a man I would say that I am a real good cook because, what ever I cook, I cook with passion. My passion for food makes what ever I cook so delouse. The only way I would know is when everyone enjoys eating my food. There is this aunt I know who is a very close friend of our family, I would say that she hates cooking. One we ever all invited to their house for dinner. My family arrived there early and we saw that she couldn’t finish cooking dinner for us. I volunteered to help, and there I saw how stir one of her dish. It didn’t look too good, only because she was forcing herself to do all that. Then, as she was serving the dishes to all of us, I noticed the her curries looked messy. As I tasted them, the flavor was on one direction and the meat and vegetables were on the other direction. I usually enjoy food, but when I went to eat at her house, I didn’t even feel it. She came up to me to thank me for being such a helpful person, and that’s when she spilled out that she hates just everything about food. That’s when I realized that food cannot be enjoyed without passion and desire.

No comments: